For the cook.
A country-style home recipe worth sharing
Wattleseed Anzac biscuits (another authentic recipe!).
If you are into doing a bit of cooking on the side or you love home-baked food, you must try these good ‘ole Anzacs with a twist!
Makes approximately 24 biscuits
– 1 ½ cup rolled oats
– 1 cup plain flour
– ½ cup white sugar
– 2 tablespoons (30g) ground wattleseed (purchase from here: www.outbackchef.com.au/products/wattleseed-/129/1 )
– ½ cup desiccated coconut
– 125g butter
– 1 tablespoon boiling water
– 2 tablespoons golden syrup or honey
– 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 15 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
2. Mix together the oats, flour, wattleseed, sugar and coconut.
3. In a saucepan, melt the butter and golden syrup or honey over a low heat,
stirring until combined. Mix water and baking soda in a cup and add
to melted butter mixture. Add all of this to the dry ingredients.
Take teaspoonfuls of mixture and place on lightly greased biscuit tray
flattening them a little with a fork. Leave 3cm for the biscuits to spread.
4. Cook for 15 minutes, remove from oven and cool on wire racks.